Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to look at my creations...I love making memories that I can share with my family and friends....and especially my daughters. They are my inspirations for creating a lot of these layouts. I love taking everyday ordinary things and making them into beautiful altered art. My downfall is buying beautiful papers and not wanting to use them because they are too gorgeous. LOL. Please take the time to check out my crafts, follow my blog and maybe even scraplift them and make sure you let others know where you got the idea...Love to have new followers of my blog.

My crafty creations

Monday, December 20, 2010

Hobo / Polar Express!






Well I dediced to do another layout before Christmas...this might be my last until the new year....Let me tell you alittle story about this one...Last year my sister's friend invited my sister, her hubby, their 2 kids, my mom, my hubby, my daughter and myself to go with them to the Polar Express train ride...well the day arrived and I get a phone call saying that my sister, their 2 kids, and her hubby weren't feeling well.....it was a bad year for sickness...anyway...my sister told me to invite my sister in law, her fiance, her fiance's son, and her daughter ...so to make a long story short...I did. We all had fun...sorry I rambled on about that now getting back to the picture...This is the hobo that rides on the Polar Express....well in the movie he did..if you haven't seen the movie...go watch it...you will love it and so will your kids. ...If you haven't rode the train and you are in Denninson , Ohio..they also have on in Maryland...go ride it. They give you hot cocoa, cookies, sing, you meet santa..and all kinds of fun.



Layout Recipe:

Accent (Dark Blue) cut @ 8 1/2" with Storybook (shadow)

The other accent in blue (light) is cut in half and I also used storybook...this is the layer of the 8 1/2"


Hobo (title) is cut @ 1 1/2" with SB cart

I used distress ink ...tea dye to ink the lace, corners, paper, envelope..even the flowers..they were white.


I used ribbon, brads,nestabilities (journaling), envelope and some lace for a border...I tore paper, inked it with black and the tea dye ink.

I fauxed stitched around the edges, since I don't have a sewing machine...next investment. I hope you enjoy this page as much as I did putting it together. God Bless all....and Have a Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Love it sweetie!! The stitching is perfect, if you just wanna buy a cheapy one get the Janome 49.00 model at Hancock it is great the only thing it doesn't have is a light...but it sews great on paper and use a jean needle and good thread, no cheap thread...I use gutterman (sp).
    I would love to go to that train ride...the movie is FANTASTIC!! Awesome lo!!! Have a Happy Holiday!! I will be posting blog candy so watch out! Take care!! Hugs, Dawn Gallop

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is AMAZING! The way you made the page match the outfit in the photo is stunning! I wish my pages looked like THAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY NICE PAGE! LOVE ALL THE DETAILS AND THE STITCHING IS AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page .. love your faux stitches. No scrapping for me until after Christmas and then I have a lot of catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is fantastic. The colors, the shape, the picture...all of it is perfect!

    Happy New Year,
    Georgiana
    http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by. Please be sure to leave a comment and Have an Awesome Day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

I WAS FEATURED IN THE CRICUT CHIRP!!!!

My Blog Awards!